I hope you will be encouraged by this episode as I have a conversation with my friend Deb Fileta. Debra K. Fileta is a Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in Relationship and Marital issues. She is also an author and speaker who is passionate about spreading the message that healthy people make healthy relationships. I asked her to come on the show and talk about what she sees God doing in this generation about dating toward marriage and how to be intentional toward dating. Not waiting. But actually dating!
Are you confused about why there are so many singles today, people getting married later (if at all) or why YOU can’t seem to find someone? Or maybe you are married and have singles friends and wonder the same thing?
Deb’s book, True Love Dates: Your Indispensable Guide to Finding the Love of Your Life (Zondervan, 2013), is available online and in stores now. Her newest book, Choosing Marriage, is set to be released May 2018. She is a regular contributor at Relevant Magazine and Crosswalk.com, with over 200 articles around the web about love, marriage, dating, sex, and relationships. She’s the creator of relationship blog TrueLoveDates, reaching millions of readers with her candid yet compassionate style, combining psychology and spirituality.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- How God got her a book deal before a blog or platform
- How Deb comes up with the topics to write about for singles
- How Deb met her husband and why she loves being married to him
- Proof that long distance relationships can work
- What singles can do to be healthy before marriage
- How good and bad experiences in the past effect who you choose to marry
- How to not beat yourself up during this season of singleness
- The best questions to ask God when you feel like no one has chosen you for marriage
- Our chat about how singles are overlooked by the church today
- What Deb recommends to read before marriage
- The surprising difference between what singles expect from marriage and the truth
- Why the body of Christ has failed in brotherly and sisterly hugging
- How families can welcome in singles to their home and join activities
- From Looking To Loving course for singles – sign up now!
- Deb’s Popular Book – True Love Dates
- Deb’s New Book – Choosing Marriage
- Freedom Coach Model
- Deb’s program – Breaking Free from the Lies of Singleness
- Boundaries by Henry Cloud
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris
- Deb’s Facebook
- Deb’s Instagram
Find Jill on social media:
- Website: www.jillmonaco.com
- Facebook : www.facebook.com/jillmonacoministries
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/jillmonaco
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/jillmonaco
One last thing …. Producing this show does take resources. So if you would like to hear more conversations, please consider supporting this program of the ministry. Just click the button below and you’ll be led to a donate page. All gifts are tax deductible. Thanks so much!
Loving this content?
Sign up for updates!
I'll send you new blog posts, podcasts and my quarterly newsletter with things not posted anywhere else!